Life in Mauritius
Republic of Mauritius:
Mauritius is situated in the south-west of the Indian Ocean, located in the heart of the Mascareignes archipelago , only a mere 200 kilometers distance away from its sister island “Reunion Island” and close to Madagascar, Mauritius is surrounded by exceptional lagoons and coral reefs.
This gem of the Indian Ocean is fascinating as much by its dynamic economy, sandy beaches and beautiful turquoise lagoons.
Mauritius is an exceptional cultural mosaic and a welcoming land, that a unique variety of landscapes and atmospheres in a warm and vibrant ambiances, between tradition and modernity.
The official language is English but the majority of the population is bilingual English/French, the local dialect is Mauritian Creole.
Ideal tropic climate with tropic mild winter (17 to 24 C) and summer weather (25 to 33 C).
European Union passport holders do not need a visa for a holiday of less than 6 months.
Hinduism (53%), Christianity (28%), Islam (17%).
Mauritius is a booming economy. Minimally affected by the global crisis, the country has been experiencing a steady growth for several years, making Mauritius a very attractive and reliable country for foreign investors. The main industries are sugar, textiles and tourism and finance.
Parliamentary Democratic Republic, based on the British model of Westminster, with a Prime Minister as chief executive. Being a member of the Commonwealth, Mauritius is a politically stable and safe country. Independent since 1968, Mauritius has a fully democratic parliamentary system with separation of powers and an official constant commitment to respect human rights. The Mauritian legal system is, as in France, governed by the Code Napoleon. The system and law enforcement is similar.
GMT +4 (winter +3) , convenient time zone for business in the West or the East. The time difference with Paris is only 2 hours in summer time and 3 hours in winter time.
Medical technology with a large range of modern health services and modern private hospitals.The opening of private and modern hospitals has increased medical tourism on the island. Especially in the area of Grand Baie.
Mauritian Rupee MUR.There are all banks in all major cities and also at the airport to exchange currencies. (Approximately currency exchange rate ) 1$ = Rs 35 / 1€ = Rs 38 / 1£ = Rs 50
Mauritian culture is influenced by African, Indian and European culture. The local music, sega, is very popular and animates many “live” bars. The biggest cinema of the island has recently been built in the heart of Grand Bay, offering modern and spacious movie theater to discover the latest releases.
#Security #Money # Savings #Freedom #Success #Wealth
- In the Worlds Bank “Doing Business Survey”, which ranks 181 countries on how easy business is made, Mauritius is ranked 23rd worldwide.
- In the Index of Economic freedom 2012, published annually by Wall Street Journal, Mauritius was 8th out of 157 countries in the World Index of Economic freedom in the world, ahead of the US, U.K., Japan, Germany and France and was 4th in the Top10 destinations for property investment.
- According to the British Telegraph newspaper. Mauritius has a 30 year rich and long experience in welcoming foreign investors. The Global Competitive Index 2015 classified Mauritius 1st in Africa and 9th out of 144 countries.
- Mauritius celebrated on March 12th 2017 its Independence anniversary day for 49 years (since 1968) and for 25 years
- the Republic of Mauritius will celebrate 50 years Independence anniversary in 2018!